10 Can’t-Miss Hotels in Guatemala: When traveling to Guatemala, the question isn’t where to stay — it’s where not to stay! There are so many incredible hotels in Guatemala that you could visit 10 different ones in one trip and still have more to explore on your next trip. In fact, with so many destinations and attractions to choose from, you might need multiple trips just to try them all! Take a look at our top 10 list of hotels in Guatemala, which includes everything from budget-friendly hostels to luxury resorts with heavenly amenities and breathtaking views. Choose one that suits your tastes and check out some of the highlights on your next visit!
A colonial city surrounded by volcanoes, Antigua is a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the most popular tourist destinations in Guatemala. With its well-preserved Spanish Baroque architecture and cobblestone streets, Antigua is a must-see for any traveler. And what better way to experience the city than by staying in one of its top hotels? Here are 10 of the best hotels in Antigua, Guatemala.
2) San Juan La Laguna
Situated on the shores of Lake Atitlan, San Juan La Laguna is a hidden gem in Guatemala. The hotel offers stunning views of the lake and volcanoes, plus there are plenty of activities to keep you busy, like hiking, biking, and kayaking. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the staff is incredibly friendly. If you’re looking for a relaxing place to stay in Guatemala, this is it.
Lake Atitlán (two sentences): Lake Atitlán is one of the most beautiful places in Guatemala. It’s surrounded by volcanoes and has crystal-clear water.
- Just a short drive from Semuc Champey, Lanquin is home to some of the best hotels in Guatemala.
2. If you’re looking for amazing views, luxurious accommodations, and top-notch service, look no further than Hotel Atitlan.
3. For a more intimate experience, check out Hotel Posada de Don Rodrigo.
4. Or, if you want to be closer to the action, try Hotel Villa Maya.
5. If you’re on a budget, don’t worry – there are plenty of great options like Hostal Los Amigos or Hotel El Pilar.
6. No matter what your budget or preferences are, there’s a perfect hotel for you in Lanquin!
4) Lake Atitlan
- Located in the country’s highlands, Lake Atitlan is surrounded by volcanoes and is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Guatemala.
2. There are many hotels and resorts to choose from, but we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best hotels in the area.
3. From luxury accommodations to more budget-friendly options, there’s something for everyone on this list.
4. So whether you’re looking for a place to relax and rejuvenate or want to explore all that Guatemala has to offer, be sure to check out our top 10 hotels in Lake Atitlan.
5. 1. Hotel Atitlan
6. 2. Maya Tazumal Hotel
- Tikal is one of the most popular archaeological sites in Guatemala and is a great place to stay if you want to explore Maya ruins.
2. The Hotel Jardin del Eden is located right next to the Tikal National Park, so you can easily explore the ruins during the day and return to your hotel for some rest and relaxation.
3. The hotel has its own restaurant, so you don’t have to leave the comfort of your hotel to enjoy a delicious meal.
4. If you’re looking for a more luxurious experience, the Palacio de Doña Leonor is a great option.
The top hotel in Flores is the Xib’alb’a Boutique Hotel. This hotel has everything you could want, from a rooftop bar with an incredible view of Lake Peten Itza to a private dock where you can take a dip in the refreshing water. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the staff is attentive and accommodating. If you’re looking for a luxurious experience in Flores, this is the hotel for you.
Just a three-hour drive from Guatemala City, Coban is the perfect place to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. With its lush green mountains and crisp air, Coban is a nature lover’s paradise. And what better way to take in all that natural beauty than by staying at one of the top 10 hotels in Guatemala? Here are our picks for the best places to stay in Coban.
- Hotel San Simón: This hotel is set in a 400-year-old building in the heart of Chichicastenango, and it’s filled with original art and antiques. 2. Hotel Atitlán: With its stunning views of Lake Atitlán, this hotel is the perfect place to relax and recharge.
3. Hotel Casa Santo Domingo: This hotel is located in an 18th-century monastery, and it features a spa, a rooftop bar, and a gourmet restaurant.
4. La Posada de Don Rodrigo: This charming hotel is located in the town square of Chichicastenango, and it features traditional Guatemalan architecture and décor.
9) Rio Dulce
- Rio Dulce is one of the top 10 hotels in Guatemala. This hotel is known for its incredible views of Lake Atitlan.
2. The hotel has a private dock, so you can take a dip in the lake whenever you want.
3. The rooms at Rio Dulce are spacious and comfortable, with plenty of amenities to make your stay enjoyable.
4. The staff at Rio Dulce are incredibly friendly and helpful, always willing to give you tips on what to see and do in the area.
5. The hotel’s restaurant serves up some of the best food in town, with a menu that features both local and international dishes. 6. If you’re looking for a place to relax and enjoy some stunning scenery, Rio Dulce is the perfect spot for you.
10) Santa Cruz del Quiche
Santa Cruz del Quiche is one of the top 10 hotels in Guatemala. It’s a colonial-style hotel located in the heart of the city. The hotel has a restaurant, bar, and swimming pool. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. The hotel is close to the city’s main attractions. Santa Cruz del Quiche is a great place to stay when visiting Guatemala.